We all know that if you’ve had a great experience with a business then you’ll tell people - and the same for a negative experience! A client recommendation about your business to their friends, family or colleagues means a qualified lead for you - they’ve heard you are great at what you do, and they are more likely to engage with you. Most of us are time poor and suffering from decision fatigue, so if a good solution is right there, why look further? Having a great professional reputation means people trust you and are confident you can deliver to their expectations
So, why even bother with a website at all?
When we meet someone for the first time we create (and make) an impression in that first 7 seconds, from body language to attitude. A brand is like that too - if you’ve had a great recommendation and you decide to check that business out, a first impression counts. You’re looking for confirmation that the business is going to be as professional as promised. You’re effectively looking to validate their credibility.
In these interconnected times, a professional online reputation is just as important, if not more so. Indeed, a negative interaction even has the potential to ‘go viral’. A quick search (probably from a mobile phone), and if the result is an outdated website with a desultory blog post from 6 months ago then that is potentially brand damaging. Your website needs to showcase your brand and support the perception you are as professional as people have heard.
The physical location of your business will still play a role in business decisions, but this is becoming less important in an increasingly connected world. A social media strategy is also recommended to help you to build your online reputation, and empowers you to directly connect beyond your immediate circle of influence. Relationships are the key to business success, whether in person or through credible online networks. Give your business the best chance for success by being as professional online as you are in person. Lead generation through your website then feeds your business growth.
Our recommendations for a professional website include:
- Copywriting - put your business proposition into words. Using a professional copywriter can save you time, and ensure your content is website ready.
- Design - how can you showcase your brand to full advantage? Attention to detail counts, so ensure brand consistency from your brochures to your social media channels.
- Content - look at how you can update blog posts and your content regularly with minimum effort. Take a look at our monthly content subscription solution here.
- eBook - consider adding an eBook as an effective lead generation tool.
- Marketing tools - does your website provide the tools you need to market your business effectively?
- Mobile-friendly - check your website will be responsive and showcase your brand well on any device.
If you’d like more information, please contact us here. We value our relationships and we’re always happy to chat.